Hong Kong visa and immigration procedures is usually profoundly simple or exceptionally advanced. Everything will depend on the exclusive mixture of conditions you find yourself in. In a very pure linear world of position give-visa software-approval-then consider-up the job, it could be rather uncomplicated to align your Performing visa permissions towards your career together with the time invested Performing for that just one accredited employer.
But what transpires, say, if you receive built redundant 6 weeks before your employment visa is because of expire – and you have no new occupation present in hand by the time your present period of keep beneath the employment visa endorsed inside your passport comes to an stop? Do You will need to leave the HKSAR? Will you be given an extension to your employment visa hk visa Although it is actually no more sponsored by an employer you have now ceased Doing the job for? Does one go right into a form of visa-limbo land? Do you allow HK for per day or 2 and return for a visitor? When you try this, does it mean you reduce your continuity of residence with the purposes of the eventual software for a Long-lasting Hong Kong Id Card, securing ideal of abode in the process?
They are all-essential queries faced frequently sufficient by foreign national residents of HK to warrant answers to. So below we go:
one. And not using a job supply You can not utilize to increase your work visa permissions.
2. For that reason, Whenever your current duration of stay operates out, you will have to head to Immigration Tower in Wanchai and acquire on your own a visitor visa to the pre-text that you might want to remain in the HKSAR to continue to discover an alternate employment.
3. The HKID need to accommodate these kinds of requests for quite a few weeks/a few small months, Particularly as being the more time you’ve lived while in the HKSAR, the more amenable They’re to empowering you to stay in situ that may help you get by yourself back again on the seem work footing once again.
4. Once you have a position offer you in hand, you will need to re-apply for an employment visa via the 24/File of Immigration Tower once more utilizing the varieties ID990A and ID990B (While these kinds are designed for applicants that are presently dwelling outside of Hong Kong). Using the form ID91 (extension of continue to be for your visitor seeking to alter position again to work whilst in HK through the 5/File is no more the process adopted because of the HKID). Take note that if you intend to start your personal enterprise a separate method applies that goes beyond the scope of this discussion.
5. Below this system, as soon as your new visa application is accepted, you will end up issued using a new visa label which you have to activate by exiting HK (typically through Macau or Shenzhen to the day) and re-coming into Along with the new visa label put within your passport for activation if you recross the border back into your HKSAR.
6. Any accompanying loved ones with expired dependent visas just comply with in the stead of your work visa apps so you can address the situation for each of you in exactly the same way.
None of this method advice, by the way, suggests you’ll instantly move the approvability exam on your new employment or (quite possibly) expense visa application, but does drop automatically mild on the twilight planet for expats who find themselves quickly visa-fewer immediately after acquiring created Hong Kong their household.
1 closing place. Normally, any time invested in these visa-limbo-land won’t compromise your continuity of residence in Hong Kong for your functions within your eventual appropriate of abode application. But don’t Allow an excessive amount time pass. Get on with regularising your work visa condition once you are able to.